Cinder Review

Title: Cinder
Author: Marissa Meyer
Rating: 3/5
Quote: “Imagine there was a cure, but finding it would cost you everything. It would completely ruin your life. What would you do?”
Synopsis: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
My Thoughts: This book is so unique and definitely not what I expected at all. This is a sort of retelling of Cinderella and thats what ultimately caught my attention because... Cinderella come on who doesn't love that story? So the twist to it obviously is that she is a cyborg. At first that threw me off because I only read science fiction if I really really wanted to. In this case I did and I'm glad it was. Now this book definitely gave me the feels with everything that was going on between Price Kai and Cinder but I feel there should have been more to their story so hopefully the other books have little more about them even though they are other fairy tales that eventually tie in together.

I was not satisfied with the way this ended either like I know this part of the story is going to continue but like I said before I just wish there was a little more to the story so I could at least know how to feel. Also I couldn't really connect to the characters or even hate the bad guy there was just something more that could've been added. Another thing... and I absolutely hate saying this but the reveal that took place is the book just felt a little too Throne of Glass. I was familiar and expected which I obviously didn't like about it.

Now onto the good stuff I feel bad criticizing the book but whatever. Im ashamed of myself for putting the book down right before it got good last year. But I had the sudden urge to pick it back up on Monday and I finished basically the entire book. Although there were things that bothered me the story had my attention and I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop reading the book until I finished it.  And thankfully that was the first book I've finished in a while, it felt so good to accomplish that again. So yea the book was good. I would recommend it to anyone who really likes Fairy Tales and Science Fiction so thats it.
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11235712-cinder

Jay

Comments

Popular Posts