Review: A Court of Mist and Fury

GUYS. Despite the fact that I'm extremely sad that it's over, I want everyone to know that they NEED to read this book if you've read ACOTAR. Do it you wont regret it! Anyways onto the review. By the way I will try my best not to rant and spoil anything but if I can't I will have a section for all the spoilers. 


Title: A Court of Mist and Fury

Author: Sarahh J. Maas

# of Pages: 624

Rating: 5/5

Quote: “He thinks he'll be remembered as the villain in the story. But I forgot to tell him that the villain is usually the person who locks up the maiden and throws away the key. He was the one who let me out.”

Synopsis: Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court—but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performeEvd to save Tamlin's people. Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms—and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future—and the future of a world cleaved in two.

My Thoughts: This book was FANTASTIC  with twists at every turn. It was beautiful and painful (really painful) and just amazing. Although I wasn't really happy with the way things played out, the way Feyre handled the situations she was put in was pure genius even though those decisions hurt me. The story itself was funny and sexy and thrilling but sooo steamy like OML children should not read this book. It kept me on the edge of my seat and made me cry many times and I loved falling in love with characters and hating others. And I loved that Feyre got a chance to have an actual family,  friends and a Lover ( AAAAAHHHHH) Okay well he's more than a lover. . People she can care for and sacrifice things for. It was just amazing reading that and seeing her change and develop after the events of ACOTAR. It was a great continuation and I really look forward to reading the 3rd book when it comes out. By the way this book definitely had that second book spunk that we all need. And the best ending in the history of everything that eased my anxiety from previous events.

Likes: 

  •  Every time Feyre calls Rhysand a "Prick"
  • The love scene in Chapter 2 
  • Rhys collecting his debt (The bargain from book 1) at the best times. 
  • Rhys being a Prick
  • Tamlin being helpless
  • The Night Court and everyone in it. 
  • Rhysand's Inner Circle
  • Feyre learning to fight
  • Her inherited powers from every court
  • Feyre reacting like a real human being to the things that happened to her in ACOTAR
  • Amren is my spirit animal
  • " You are my salvation Feyre"
  • Crying every time something beautiful happens between mt OTP
  • I love how evil the King of Hybern is. Hes a B****
  • Everything about the story
  • Second book spunk
  • Every time there was a love scene it was more and more descriptive every time. 
  • The funniest characters ever!
  • My new found love for certain people
  • I appreciate Feyre and I don't hate her character like I hate Aelin/ Celaena sometimes. 
  • The book impacted me so deeply. The feels were so intense I had to stop reading. 
  • Sarah J. Maas is a GENIUS!!!!
  • The Court of Dreams.
  • The Fallen Prince
  • The fact that Feyre started painting again. 
  • Feyre healing. 
  • Magic.
  • Feyre reading a lot.
  • Rhysand making her learn to read.
Dislikes: 
  • Those damn mortal Queens
  • The betrayal that I will not speak of. YET.
  • The scene with the Cauldron
  • The Summer Court
  • Nesta sometimes.
  • Elain's Fiancee
  • Feyre's lack of control of her power in the beginning. 
  • Tamlin shutting Feyre out in her most vulnerable time. 
  • Tamlin locking Feyre up like an animal. 
Spoiler Section!!! I'm sorry I can't help it!!!

I'm just going to put these in bullet points. I just finished the book and my emotions are still out of control. So excuse me if some bad language slips in.






  • Fey-sand Oh my goodness!!! I liked Rhysand very little in the first book because obviously he was a grade A butthole. But remember when she died and he was so angry and worried? I loved that. 
  • Tamlin is a lying backstabbing murdering piece of shit and deserves everything Feyre is going to put him through. I honesty gasped so loud when they were before the king and then Tamilin and Lucien walked in. UGH WTF.
  • Lucien and Elain being mates after she was turned into Fae. Come on really? I didn't like that that was thrown on me when I had more important characters to worry about I mean there was a chance everyone was going to die and then we just get " You're my mate" out of nowhere come on!
  • When Rhysand touched Feyre for the first time in the inn. I mean TOUCHED.... *Screaming in the distance* So steaming and everything I was waiting for.  After the 2 months that they spent together and Feyre starting want Rhys it was a turn for her character and I loved it. She stopped feeling guilty for wanting someone who wasn't Tamlin and it really helped her heal. 
  • The High Lady of the Night Court. Come on Rhysand is a fu***** King for doing that. Not seeing her as his consort or his mate but his EQUAL in a time when it seemed that women weren't for ruling but for show like Feyre was in the Spring Court. 
  • Also Tamlin's dumbass let the enemy right into his home and I can't wait for the next book because he's so blinded by his love for Feyre he wont see it coming unless Lucien figures it out and tells him. But after that speech Feyre gave him the first time he found her he might not. I cant wait to find out. 
Now some pretty fan art I found on the Interwebs. Obviously none of the pictures belong to me. Yeah.


I'm glad that it ended like this and not like this:

Comments

Popular Posts