Heir of Fire Review

Okay! I took waaay too long to read this book but lets get started!


Title:  Heir of Fire

Author: Sarah J. Maas
# of Pages: 562
Rating: 4.5/5
Quote: 


Synopsis: Celaena Sardothien has survived deadly contests and shattering heartbreak—but at an unspeakable cost. Now she must travel to a new land to confront her darkest truth...a truth about her heritage that could change her life—and her future—forever. Meanwhile, brutal and monstrous forces are gathering on the horizon, intent on enslaving her world. To defeat them, Celaena must find the strength to not only fight her inner demons but to battle the evil that is about to be unleashed.

My Thoughts: Okay!!! How do I feel about this book? I have don't have any damn idea! To be completely honest this book was kinda boring that's one of the reasons I took so long to finish it. Im not saying the book was bad because IT WASN'T. I think I was just expecting something way more especially after reading Crown of Midnight. With the way things turned out im a little disappointed. I
think it was just the multiple points of view that threw me off because stuff like that is the reason I never finished the Wolves of Mercy Falls Series. But other than those little things once I got towards the end of the book things started picking up which I was grateful for.

Spoilers Kinda Proceed at your own risk!!! 




Im going to start from the point when Celaena met Rowan and they went to that place ( I can't remeber what its called) and he started trying to train her. 
I was TOTALLY fine with her hating his guts because why not ? She had Chaol and he was her baby daddy! But THEEEEEEN Celaena started describing him as handsome and thinking about him and admiring his body and I was like OH HELL NO WITCH! CALM YOUR FEELINGS RIGHT NOW!! PUT OUT THAT DAMN FIRE GIRL. But she didn't listen and I hate her guts deeply for ripping out my heart because at the end of the book when she and Rowan were together I just fell apart becuase its like DAMN GIRL YOU HAVE A PERFECT MAN AT HOME WHO MIGHT STILL LOVE YOU AND YOURE MESSING WITH A GUY WHO BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOU BEFORE!! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER!
On top of Celaena making me so mad that the fires of hell burned in my eyes... The KING! I can't believe he would actually do something like that to his son! I totally understand him beheading Sorscha she was conspiring against him and what not, but beheading her (his sons over) right in front of him was just sick! What was that?! My reaction for that scene was basically the same one I had when Aero ripped off Carlisle's head in Breaking Dawn..








 I was just like what the hell just happened? What is Dorian going to do now? What is sleep and will I ever get to experience it? Then.... Oh my God! When Dorian used his magic to get Chaol out of the room and ended up getting the wyrdmark collar put on him I was mad at Celaena all over again. I feel like its her fault all this happened. While she was playing with magic in the Enchanted Forrest with her Prince Charming, her friends in Ardarlan were trying to find a way to get her on the throne and trying to help her overthrow the king.

SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO COME BACK FOR HIM AND SHE WAS TOO LATE! NOW DORIAN PROBABLY HAS A VALG PRINCE IN HIM AND A LOT OF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF IT! BECAUSE SHE WAS BEING SELFISH. SHE WAS FALLING FOR SOMEONE ELSE. AND IT TOOK THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE DYING FOR HER TO REMEBER THE TASK AT HAND AND STOP F****** AROUND. SHE IS SUCH A CHILD AND IT KILLS ME TO KNOW THAT THE FATE OF MAGIC AND HER PEOPLE AND NEHEMIAS PEOPLE ARE IN HER HANDS. She needs to grow up and stop only worrying about herself. If shes gonna try and gain her throne back and become Queen she needs to start acting like it.

Im Done Guys Promise... 




 My goodness this isn't even a review anymore. This is a rant. I need to calm myself. The fact that I'm getting so worked up about this is a good think I guess because that shows how good of a writer Sarah J. Maas is. The characters she wrote are so relate able in a way.  Im just going to end this here before I lose control and rant again.


Im just going to go do what Damon said and Calm tf down.



 It will take me a while to get used to it if they do get together. But for now I will hold on to Chaolaena/ Chaelin because they loved each other so much and they didn't really get a chance.

Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20613470-heir-of-fire?from_search=true&search_version=service


Comments

Popular Posts