The Assassins Blade Review

Obviously if you haven't read any of the books from the Throne of Glass Series don't read this there are minor spoilers and minor spoilers are still spoilers. DONT DO IT. 

Title: The Assassin's Blade (The Throne of Glass Novellas)
Author: Obviously the Queen Sarah J. Maas
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis: Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan's most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin's Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. In these action-packed novellas - together in one edition for the first time - Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn's orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery.
Quotes: “She would tuck Sam into her heart, a bright light for her to take out whenever things were darkest.
My Thoughts: FORGET ROWAELIN LIKE SERIOUSLY FORGET IT!!! SAMLAENA IS MY NEW FAVORITE THING... even though everyone knows that Sam is dead. This book will confuse you so hard you won't know who to ship anymore. I don't want Aelin/Celaena with anyone but Sam because they were so cute and he said he's loved her his whole life!!!!! WARESTDYFUGIHOJP!!!!!
I gave this a 4.5/5 because although I did like most of the stories I obviously didn't like all of them.
Likes:

  • The first story The Assassin and the Pirate Lord... It was a really good beginning we get to see how Celaena was before Endovier and the betrayal. She was kind of a Biscuit no wonder a lot of people hated her. She was spoiled and cocky and annoying and that was the first time I have ever hated Celaena because she is awesome and I love her character even if she is an idiot most times. 
  • Sam and Celaena. Samlaena!!!! I love the stories that had them two in it and you can watch their relationship grow into this beautiful little delicate flower. They are so cute!
  • The fuzzy feelings I got from their relationship 
  • It was funny how rude they were to each other.
  • The first kiss.
  • The "I love you"'s 
  • Sam putting Celaena in her place.
  • Celaena being naive
  • The fighting.
  • How much saving slaves cost Celaena
  • Her anger after Sam was killed.
  • The Mute Masters Son and Sam's jealousy
  • The First, Third Fourth and Fifth story. I didn't like the second one that one was so boring!


Dislikes: 

  • How long it took Celaena to realize that something was wrong. She waited a whole day instead of going after Sam the time she was supposed to.
  • The way she always assumed that Sam slept with Lyssandra (before they confessed their undying love for each other).
  • Arrobyn Hammel is a C***. I hate his guts even more than before. And I'm glad she killed him in the other book.
  • Gloria. How did they even make it into a gas and why didn't Celaena grab a mask when she saw them wearing one. She was killing people left and right it would be smart to try not to get caught. 
  • Her weakness when it came to slaves. I know it is a soft spot for her but she never thinks things through when it comes to that topic. 
  • Celaena being spoiled and selfish. She thinks she's better than everyone because she is Adarlans assassin and because she's Arrobyns Protigee. 

Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18243700-the-assassin-s-blade



NOW THAT I'VE READ ALL OF SJM's BOOKS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LIFE. I NEED NEW READING MATERIAL THAT WILL HURT ME THE WAT ToG DOES OR THE WAY ACOTAR DESTROYS ME.


ALSO THIS IS MY 100TH POST AND I DIDNT KNOW WHAT TO DO SO I JUST POSTED A REVIEW. NOTHING SPECTACULAR !!! STILL THOUGH... 100 POSTS THATS CRAZY LIKE WHERE DID I FIND TIME TO DO ALL THAT?



Comments

Popular Posts