Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Review

I probably shouldn't have to say this because it's the 4th book in a series but this is not spoiler free. 

Title: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Author: J.K. Rowling
Rating: 3.5/5
Synopsis: Harry Potter is midway through both his training as a wizard and his coming of age. Harry wants to get away from the pernicious Dursleys and go to the International Quidditch Cup with Hermione, Ron, and the Weasleys. He wants to dream about Cho Chang, his crush (and maybe do more than dream). He wants to find out about the mysterious event that supposed to take place at Hogwarts this year, an event involving two other rival schools of magic, and a competition that hasn't happened for hundreds of years. He wants to be a normal, fourteen-year-old wizard. But unfortunately for Harry Potter, he's not normal - even by wizarding standards.And in his case, different can be deadly.
Quote: “If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
My Thoughts: This book was funny and cute and dark and SAD!!!! I liked it a lot even though I think the movie was a little better than the book. Now I did have problems with all the changes and the cut outs so it wasn't perfect but aside from that it was a little more interesting than the book. I did take a really long time to finish this mainly because school destroys my reading abilities and I started it when school was still in session but I'm glad it didn't ruin the book for me.
Likes:

  • The Tri-wizard Tournament was awesome!!! I think I was just as nervous as Harry was during every task. 
  • Cedric Diggory! He was super hot in my head and I was a little disappointed that Robert Pattinson played him. No lie I was excited to see him in a movie again but I just wish he wasn't Cedric. 
  • Hermione's Glow up in both the movie and the book. 
  • Ron finally noticing the Hermione is a girl. My feelings were just like ah!! when he was thinking of maybe asking Hermione and also his reaction to finding out that she already has a date. Jealous!


  • Everything about Draco Malfoy <3 Even if he is a bung hole.
  • Daddy Dumbledore. I feel like in this book he was way more fatherly towards Harry and I really liked it. 
  • Dumbledore paying Dobby for his work. 
  • Ron every time Fleur was around. Hahaha!
  • Harry acting like a dork when Cho is around.
  • The Grave Yard Scene. It was so intense!

Dislikes:

  • Snape being a major ass! I started to really dislike him in this book. Honestly though the portrayal of him in the movies is the reason I don't like him. I enjoy his character somewhat in the books. 
  • Krum and Hermione.
  • Cedric dying. I hated that part so much but it was also the best scene in the book. 
  • The scene where Dumbledore makes the entire school raise a glass to Cedric. I only hated it because it made me cry. 
  • The Madame Maxime reacted to Hagrid thinking she was also part giant. Hagrid didn't do anything wrong and I get it Giants are bad and what-not but she didn't have to be like that. 
  • Mad-Eye Moody/ Barty Crouch Jr. Obviously if you read the book you understand why.
  • The fact that the House-Elves aren't in the movies and the fact that Dobby helping Harry with the second task isn't mentioned once. 

Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6.Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire

It took me 3 days to write this... Talk about La-Z!!! But I finished it and even though its short (mainly because there is nothing to say) I wanted to get it out to you. The next one might take a while I'm still trying to decide between The Hunger Games and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Comments

Popular Posts