Riverdale Season 1 Review

GUYS. THIS SHOW IS FANTASTIC!  Riverdale was honestly a show I didn't think I would like. I only watched it because on of my friends kept telling me how much they loved it and how good it is and I was not disappointed! 


Let me just say that this show started and ended very strong in my opinion so A+ on the show as a whole. I think the casting was fantastic and the story was so compelling! Trust me guys if you haven't watched this show yet, start it, you wont regret it. I'm still completely blown away by how interesting, well put together and addicting this show is, I mean this show grabbed me tight and didn't let me go. I was so hooked  that after I finished the first season not only did I buy three volumes of "The Best of Archie Comics", but I also re watched the show immediately after I finished

Wow so I should probably tell you what this show is about before I write this whole thing. So after the death of Jason Blossom, one of the most popular and rich people in the town, the small quiet town of Riverdale is pretty much turned upside down. With the whole town tripping balls, a group of teens pretty much take it into their own hands to solve the mystery of who did it. Lots of secrets are revealed. Yeah I think that's a pretty good synopsis right? I'm not very good at this but just give the show a try its great.

I think I want to do this review a little differently because I think going into this show knowing the bare minimum is the best option. I'm just going to talk about the 4 main characters  and try not to talk  too much about the plot. So lets start with our main man Archie Andrews:

Archie Andrews is played my the very handsome KJ Apa and even though I know nothing about comic Archie, I have to say he's a damn good Archie! As you can tell from the gif he's a football player, but he also loves music. Literally throughout the whole first season he's torn between music and football. Sound Familiar?

But anyway... I immediately fell in love with Archie. Look at him he's so adorable, but not only that his character is so sweet and funny, I love him!


Betty Cooper,Betty Cooper, I love Betty so much! She's so cute and strong and just yes girl!!! And I'm so glad she was able to move on from Archie and get with a better person, even though I ship them a little. More like I want Archie to be in love with her, which he already is, but I don't want them to ever get together because like Archie said in the first episode he's not good enough for her. Okay that was mean because he totally is but I am a hardcore Bughead shipper so he isn't.




I don't like Veronica at all. She's so selfish and self centered and it's so irritating. She does have some things that I like about her but the selfishness makes me forget that. On top of that she’s with Archie. I don’t really care that they’re dating it’s just that he’s such a cute cinnamon roll and she’s pretty much a mean girl, no matter how hard she tries not to be. I don’t know and it seems to have gotten worse as the show progressed so my dislike for her only grew.



Now last but certainly not least… My baby… Jughead Jones. I love Jughead and everything about his character. He’s probably the most relatable character in the show and he’s played by Cole Sprouse. What other reasons would I need? But really I don’t know why but I really connected with Jughead when I started with the show. It was like he was the only one who saw the town for what it was and that probably had to do with the fact that he was the “outsider”. I really love Jughead’s character and I love that he’s with Betty because they certainly belong together and I hope nothing in that crazy ass town tears them apart because I will have a fit.



I'm not going to talk about any of the adults because most of them are shady as hell and no one has time to talk about them individually. I will say though that I have high hopes for season 2.


This section will have spoilers and theories for season 2:

Wow I wrote this so long ago. We are four episodes into season two now so I mainly want to talk about the Blackhood and some of the theories I’ve heard that make a lot of sense to me for some reason.

First thing, Hiram I am really confident that the Blackhood is Tallboy the new president/leader or the serpents gang. I don’t know his reasoning for shooting people but I believe Hiram Lodge is behind it. Especially after he proved that he hasn’t changed at all. I don’t know why these specific people are being targeted but I believe all of it has something to do with either Archie or Mr. Andrews. These attacks are pushing Archie over the edge it seems and he’s being a little reckless because of it so who ever could be going after him is doing a good job of rattling him. The only reason I think that these attacks are about him is because of the fact that not only did Blackhood shoot his dad but he also killed Archies "lover" so I don't know. 

Another thing is with FP, we haven’t seen him in a couple episodes and I know he’s in jail but I would have thought that anything would have come up about him. I mean he was partially behind everything that happened in season one and now its like he’s a side character that isn’t important ?? Pls stop writers. I love him and I need to know what’s going on.

Now back to those theories. I read somewhere, I don’t know where, that Sabrina the teenage witch could come into the show and play a big part in it. I don’t remember much about it but it had to do with the blossoms and the coopers having a witch bloodline and that’s why it’s being said that the show might take a supernatural turn. I really don’t want that but I would be open to it as long and the show continues to be amazing. Really though you guys should look up the River!!Dale witch theory so you can see what I am talking about, it is a very interesting theory.

But anyway guys that’s all I have for now. I’ll be posting soon so bye!!



Comments

Popular Posts