The Walking Dead: Days Gone Bye Review

Hi guys! After like 300 years of being inactive I'm back. Ive just been in this weird mood... Like I want to read but I don't have the motivation to do it, so I end up being watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer or The Vampire Diaries. Ugh anyway! On Sunday I went to Half Price Books because they had a little sale (literally every one was there and I got lucky!!!). I have been really wanting to read the Walking Dead Comics since I started the show 3 years ago and I finally found it for a price that wasn't 60 dollars. It was 30 dollars but the sale was 50% off the highest priced item SO I GOT IT FOR 15 DOLLARS!!!! 😩😃😎

My mom was buying me books on Sunday so like an 18 year old child I ran to her and begged her for it. Anyway back to the reason were here! For the review... I didn't finish the whole thing because there are like 48 chapters (The comic itself is a chapter). I wanted to do a review on each one I read so I don't forget about anything so here we GOOOO.... 🐦 (yes I just found out blogger now lets me use emojis).




Author: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Tony Moore
Rating: 3.5/5
Quote: “In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.”
Synopsis: How many hours are in a day when you don't spend half of them watching television? When is the last time any of us REALLY worked to get something we wanted? How long has it been since any of us really NEEDED something that we WANTED? The world we knew is gone. The world of commerce and frivolous necessity has been replaced by a world of survival and responsibility. An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months society has crumbled no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.

My Thoughts: I like this. It was way different from the show which I'm grateful for but I'm a little confused with the series of events. I mean stuff was happening in a weird order (Probably because I watched the show first) and a character died early on... I though they were going to have more of a story line but it was actually really short. I still hate Lori.
This volume did remind me of the first season or the first episode ( I don't remember), it was pretty slow getting things going but it was still filled with enough action to keep it interesting. Considering this is the first comic book I've read I have to say it was pretty cool. The art in it is awesome I just wish they can release a colored version because I would really like to see that. Another thing is I have to get used to reading differently because sometimes the speech bubble is in a weird spot and I end up skipping over it and getting confused. Other than that this was cool and I already started the second volume Miles Behind Us. So yeah I'm pretty sure Ill probably finish that either tonight or sometime this week so look out for another review.

Oh also if you're looking to read these ( If you haven't already like me) you should get the Compendium its way cheaper than buying them all separately. The comics are like 10 dollars each so.... yeah. Until next time!!!!




Comments

Popular Posts