Ultimate Spider-Man Volume 1 Mini-Review

I'll have another review up probably tomorrow because I'm tired right now. Okay...

Title: Ultimate Spider-Man: Power and Responsibility
Author: Brian Michael Bendis
Illustrator: Mark Bagley
Rating:4/5
Synopsis: An outsider even amongst his own peers, high school student Peter Parker is a young man at the crossroads of destiny. Orphaned as a youth and raised by his Uncle Ben and Aunt May, Peter finds himself the target of a constant barrage of pranks perpetrated by school jock Flash Thompson and his burly bud, nicknamed Kong. After Peter is bitten by an experimental spider from the laboratory of Osborn Industries, industrialist Norman Osborn takes a deadly interest in this development. Will Peter be able to avoid a violent case of corporate downsizing? When backed into a corner, will our hero learn that with great power there must come great responsibility?
Picture: 


My Thoughts: I really liked this! I was never a huge fan of Spider-man but I did like Tobey Maguire's Spider-man movies (Well the first and second one) which were based off of this run of Spider-man. I'm just guessing but I'm pretty sure I'm right because they were basically the same. Anyway so this is the first Spider-man comic I've ever read and I really liked it. It was super colorful and I do like the art (Which I say about all of them... Haven't found one I don't like). One thing I really did like is the fact that the Green Goblin is an actual monster and not some other personality in Mr. Osborne's head.

So cool... I can't wait to keep reading it. If this comic book wasn't $4 on Thriftbooks I would have never picked it up because like I said in the beginning, I'm not a huge fan of Spider-man... But there's still a chance for that to change. As long as these don't have anything to do with the movies (Spiderman 3... I mean that was bad).

That's really it. I liked it a lot and I do want to continue reading it as soon as I can find and order the next two volumes. I have high hopes for this and I don't think I will be disappointed with this story. Yeah.... So that's all for now. Okay... Bye!!!

Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/105920.Ultimate_Spider_Man_Volume_1?ac=1&from_search=true


Comments

Popular Posts