Gemina Review

In my very (not) thorough review on the show Sherlock I said I needed someone to buddy read Gemina with me... Nevermind. I finished that book way too fast.
**** I was supposed to post this yesterday but I fell asleep!****




Title: Gemina (The Illuminae Files 2)
Author(s): Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Rating: 4.5/5
Quote:“And now, born from the ashes, she’s a warrior in bloodied black.”
Synopsis: Moving to a space station at the edge of the galaxy was always going to be the death of Hanna’s social life. Nobody said it might actually get her killed. The sci-fi saga that began with the breakout bestseller Illuminaecontinues on board the Jump Station Heimdall, where two new characters will confront the next wave of the BeiTech assault. Hanna is the station captain’s pampered daughter; Nik the reluctant member of a notorious crime family. But while the pair are struggling with the realities of life aboard the galaxy's most boring space station, little do they know that Kady Grant and the Hypatia are headed right toward Heimdall, carrying news of the Kerenza invasion. When an elite BeiTech strike team invades the station, Hanna and Nik are thrown together to defend their home. But alien predators are picking off the station residents one by one, and a malfunction in the station's wormhole means the space-time continuum might be ripped in two before dinner. Soon Hanna and Nik aren’t just fighting for their own survival; the fate of everyone on the Hypatia—and possibly the known universe—is in their hands. But relax. They've totally got this. They hope.
My Thoughts: Let me just start off by saying that ending made me so angry!! How are you going to end a book saying "You wanna know how it ends?" Well DUH that's the reason I'm reading the book isn't it? UGH!!! Anyway like the first book it was awesome I did like this one better though I guess because I wanted to see where Hanna and Nik's relationship would go. I was not disappointed. My only problem was that I didn't even think about re-reading Illuminae (Mainly because I'm scared to
re-read books) so I kinda forgot a lot that happened that was brought up in this story. What I'm not sure about is if this took place during or after the events that happened in Illuminae because even though they mentioned stuff that happened in Illuminae I felt like they were still in the same time period. Anyway!!!

Hanna... such a bad ass character!! I honestly love how she was so different from what people expected the Captain's daughter to be like and she stayed strong and calm when it seemed like the odds were stacked against her and Ella... man that girl is a fighter and she was so funny and incredibly smart for a fifteen year old. Hanna and her superhero fighting skills brought me life because I look reading about bad ass female characters.

Even though I finished reading the book yesterday I honestly don't really remember the book.So I'm going to stop. I've been watching Doctor Who and I'm almost done with the first season because I've been sacrificing sleep... I'm bad. Just read the book its really good and that's coming from a person who doesn't really like sci-fi.
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29236299-gemina

Comments

Popular Posts