Top 5 Disappointing Books of 2016

Hi guys! I know a lot of people have already posted theirs but I wanted to wait until New Years Eve to post this. So here are my top 5 Disappointing books. Most of these books have ratings higher than a three so I obviously like them, they just didn't live up to the hype/ my expectations. These are in order from least, least favorite to most least favorite.


5.) Queen of Shadows: After Heir of Fire I expected much more from QoS. It dragged a little but I obviously still liked it. It just didn't live up the the feels I got with the first two books. 



4.) Gemina: After reading this it made me like Illuminae even more. I liked it focusing on AIDEN and it going rouge and I didn't really find the characters in Gemina memorable. 



3.) Heir of Fire: It was Heir of Fire where Manon was introduced I think and I hated her character. I hated that her point of view interrupted parts of the story. Basically I didn't like her and that made me like this book less than the others.



2.) Glass Sword: I felt that by the end of Red Queen there was so much that could have happened in the second book that didn't. I felt that we were just reading a book about people going on a road trip and when they got there nothing really happened one of them just got arrested.Like it was decent but it was pretty boring until the end which changed my mind about the rating I was going to give it. 




1.) City of Bones: Oh my goodness this book was so disappointing! I have always heard mixed things about this book but I didn't think a book could be that boring. So much of nothing happened and I spent the entire time trying to figure out what makes people love it so much! I am going to read City of Ashes eventually but for now I need other books before I go back into that. Now I know to k=go into the next book with much lower expectations though.



Comments

Popular Posts