Sherlock Season 1,2,& 3 Review and Season 4 Trailer/Poster Discussion

If you haven't watched Sherlock.. first of all... WATCH IT! Second it's just a contemporary version of The Sherlock Holmes Stories by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Basically if you have any idea of who Sherlock Holmes is that's this show. Also there will be some spoilers ill make sure to let you now when they are coming. Ill try not to spoil anything in the first season I guess.

***This isn't about Sherlock but I have been having so much trouble finishing books so I wanted to know If anyone was interested in buddy reading Gemina with me. Let me know!***



Let me just start off my saying that every season is 5 stars for me... 

Okay so at first I was super thrown off by the fact that not only are there three episodes in a season, but they are also and hour and a half long. I was like "NOPE I'm not watching this!!! That's too much!" but don't listen to past me... It's worth your time 100%. 

The first thing that got me hooked to the show besides the way it started ( it had me like wtf is going on what are these people doing?! It basically was setting up the case that introduced us to what Sherlock's mind can really do) was Martin Freeman 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍. Ever since I watched the Hobbit I fell in love with him. If you don't know he plays John Watson the Military Doctor who suffered from PTSD. When he showed up on my television screen I was like crap I'm obsessed. And then... BENEDICT FRICKING CUMBERBATCH showing up with all his hair and smartness and a riding crop... DONE. Immediately I knew this show was going to be good. I mean they were both in the Hobbit that's all the evidence I needed. 
I think it took me a day and a half to finish the first season even though the Episodes are pretty lengthy. It really had me hooked and I just wanted to watch them solve the most interesting cases and to learn the science of deduction because the way Sherlock just knows things by observing something or someone is amazing! The case in the first episode when Sherlock examined the crime scene and came up with a whole scenario while also being a sassy little cupcake was everything!! The only downside to the show I think is that some of the people speak really fast and its kinda hard to understand what they said because of the thick accents... you get used to it though. Or just re watch it.... 
ANYWAY!! I keep going off topic! The characters are really interesting in their own special way and I obviously liked them but when the main big bad was revealed... OH MY GOODDDNNNNEEEESSSS!!!! It was like love at first sight. James Moriarty was just everything I  have ever wanted in a villain... He was smart and sarcastic and funny and cute but he was also dark, cold and crazy and just all around bad... he also had great style 😍😍😍😍. When he shows up he's joking and smiling while also being threatening and I just had this moment of almost awe because he was probably one of the best villains that I have ever watched on TV... Probably because he's a Psychopath.... but I mean most antagonists in shows (at least the ones I watch) end up having this side to them that's all soft and sweet but when I first saw Moriarty I didn't get that vibe you know. Like he's the Big Bad and he's going to stay that way. That's what really made the season for me... Sherlock chasing down a man who he only knew the name of and then finding out that person was right under his nose almost the whole time!!! I loved Moriarty the whole time I don't care if he is the bad guy... 
One more thing... I hated Mycroft so much it wasn't even funny!!!! Mainly because he was annoying as hell. 


Season 2 (Spoilers)


This is going to contain MAJOR SPOILERS!! I'm not holding back on this one.... 


FFFFF ugh! This season really punched me in the throat and ran away with my sanity... 




So many things happened... so many tears were shed... and OH MY GOSH I HATED THIS SHOW AFTER THIS SEASON! 

Not only did my favorite character shoot himself in the head but then... BUT THEN... freaking Sherlock and that call and the building... 😭😭😭😭

I honestly feel like that's the only thing I really remember from this season... and the fact that Moriarty is brilliant... who also looks really good in a crown... AMIRITE????? 


But back to the important stuff... I feel like that moment when Jim told Sherlock to choose between himself and his loved ones he realized that he's not a heartless machine like people think him to be. That scene was one of those sitting on the edge of your seat moments so much was going on and there wasn't enough time to process anything. I know when Jim shot himself I laughed so hard I was like " Funny, okay now get up. I know you're not dead... stop faking... you're sleeping... WAKE UP!!!" AND THEN HE DIDN'T 😭😭😭!!! Then on top of that... Sherlock standing at the edge of that building watching as John got out of that cab. And then they were talking on the phone and John was desperately looking for his best friend! That whole phone call hurt... I'm going to insert a video even though if you're reading this you've probably already seen it. Okay I searched for like an hour and this Lego version is the only one that had the full scene and its actually pretty good... 😆😆


Anyway everything after the moment Sherlock jumped was so hard for me. John's reaction was the one that really did it for me though... because he didn't cry. It was more like a mixture of shock and horror because I'm sure john has seen so many of his friends die. What hurt the most is how bad he wanted to help Sherlock and then when he felt that Sherlock had no pulse he basically just gave up. I think the reason that messed me up was because in that moment I though of my best friend... That moment was just so real... maybe too real. It was beautiful and heartbreaking all at once.

I don't want to talk about season 2 anymore its so sad... but I loved it and I hated it. I think it was the perfect way to show us how much the characters care for each other while destroying us.


Season 3 (Spoilers)



I obviously wasn't happy with the way season 2 ended and then they had to go and show John back with the therapist... *DEAD*

Now I don't remember if this is from season 2 or 3 but it was like the icing on top of a 💩 cake. 


John was so heartbroken and I hated that he felt that way after all he went through. He lost the one person that saved him and now I'm crying.  Oh gosh! Lets get away from the sadness and back to the happy times!!! When Anderson was making up these theories on how Sherlock survived the fall and I can't help it I'm going to put clips because they're pretty funny (not all of them just the ones I like). They aren't the full clips....


SO SMOOTH!!!!!!!

Anderson is an idiot.... 


When Sherlock came back... oh my goodness he was so extra and John's reaction was hilarious! That episode had me rolling because no matter what Sherlock said or did John was pissed and that wasn't going to change. In that time he met Mary. I didn't like her... I still don't... and I knew there was something wrong about her... What makes me more mad than anything is that John didn't read those files and leave her.

DID YOU MISS ME? 


I want to talk about something else before I start talking about season 4... 
I was almost sure from the beginning that Sherlock is gay... I mean come on just watch the show and you will see it but John I'm still confused about... Does anyone else thinks he's bi? I hope so... I need some Johnlock in my life (thanks to YouTube I now ship Johnlock). I watched a video about Sherlock being Gay but not once did they mention John so what do you guys think? 

Season 4




Let me start with this damn poster... John's HAIR! Ugh!! Anyway... I'm probably not the first person to notice but each poster it seems like John is turning away from Sherlock and in this one not only does it seem like he's trying to pretend Sherlock isn't there but they also aren't standing close like they do in the other posters. Does that mean something is going to happen to their relationship???? I hope not! Also I don't know if this is the official cover for season 4 but its also the darkest one... meaning??? Something terrible is going to happen??? Like a major character death?????? I need to know! I don't want anything bad to happen to my sweet children or their friendship!!!




Something happens to someone for Sherlock to make that face!! He was about to cry and the only people that pop into my mind are Mycroft, Ms. Hudson, or John. Despite the fact that Sherlock claims he doesn't care for his brother I think he does so much because that's his brother! Now Ms. Hudson we all know Sherlock loves to pieces I mean he threw a guy out of a window three times because the get hit her and John... that's his best friend... he literally killed for John... I don't know who it could be but based on the emotion I see on his face it has to be bad. Especially since we see what could be Moriarty... I think it is, look at the shape of his head. So much is going on too... It's clear Mary is working again so did something happen to the baby?? Where is it and why wasn't it anywhere in the promo? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ANSWERED! I don't want to rant just watch it if you haven't... All I know is that things are going to get bad and then worse and I'm not ready. 

And then finally there is this... I saw it this morning in an article about some clues that are in it. 


The only thing I noticed besides the obvious flooded apartment was the way John looks at Sherlock and Sherlock is looking down. In my head Sherlock did something that caused a lot of problems... John is obviously mad but maybe Sherlock is feeling guilty??? Maybe... I'm going to link the article below so you can see the clues I'm talking about... a third Holmes sibling... Moriarty... Tom Hiddleston... and other stuff. 


That's it... This got pretty long so sorry about that but I just wanted to talk about it even if no one reads this I got some of my feelings about this show off my chest. Okay BYYYEEE!!!!!


You know what??? I forgot to mention the fact that I have a newfound love for Mycroft. Ever since he stopped John on the plane and told him to look out for Sherlock... That guy is everything... 

Comments

Popular Posts