Paper Girls Mini-Review


Title: Paper Girls Vol. 1
Author: Brian K. Vaughan
Illustrator: Cliff Chiang and Matthew Wilson
Rating: 3/5
Synopsis: In the early hours after Halloween of 1988, four 12-year-old newspaper delivery girls uncover the most important story of all time. Suburban drama and otherworldly mysteries collide in this smash-hit series about nostalgia, first jobs, and the last days of childhood.
Picture:

My Thoughts: Let me just start by saying that I feel like the synopsis is super misleading, but that's whats on the back cover.
I somewhat liked this. I actually got this today and read it right away expecting something amazing because Brian K. Vaughan is the author. I was disappointed, mainly because nothing made sense to me and none of the characters were important enough to me to even try to remember their names. I didn't really like the art style but I did love the coloring, Lots of oinks blues and purples which I really loved. I didn't dislike it enough to completely stop reading it but I didn't like it enough to pick up the next volume right away. Maybe it gets better by volume 2 (like Sex Criminals apparently does)which I hope is true because I know Brian K. Vaughan can write some good hsit. That's it I didn't have too much to say. It was just a really weird read with Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff and different alien species. So that's it... Okay Bye!
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28204534-paper-girls-vol-1

Comments

Popular Posts