Watchmen Volume 1 Mini-Review


Title: Watchmen Volume 1
Author: Alan Moore
Illustrator: Dave Gibbons
Rating: 3.5/5
Synopsis: October 12 , 1985. Two police detectives investigate the murder of Edward Blake who was forced out of his apartment window by an unknown assailant.
My Thoughts: First things first. I would say it's best to go into this knowing as little as possible. In my case I don't know anything... I haven't even seen the movie but a lot of comic book readers love this and V for Vendetta so I'm guessing it's good that I know nothing.
I liked this fairly well. I think there was something else I was supposed to read before this??? I don't know? I did like the story though I really like the art style. I don't know but the art and the fact that the pages feel like newspaper is nice to me... and its colored too. I was getting sick of the black and white pages of The Walking Dead. I needed a break. By the way I got this a couple of days ago along with the Man Without Fear. I couldn't find Rat Queens and the Lumberjanes I did find didn't look like the one I've always seen so I wasn't sure. I didn't get it but I did order Paper Girls Vol. 1 and I should be getting it sometime this month... or next month.
Anyway!! This story is basically about retired superheroes and how they are getting murdered and this guy Rorschach seems to be the only one who cares so far. I really like the idea behind it and the fact that it almost seems like this guy hates the city he lives in. There was also a couple pages at the end of the chapter that is from a book that is mentioned a couple times and I believe that's the same throughout the entire thing.
I'm going to start the second Volume right now so I'm going to be cutting this short... That's all for now. Okay... Bye!
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17984601-watchmen-vol-1?ac=1&from_search=true

Comments

Popular Posts