The Heart's Desire Review (The Walking Dead Volume 4)

Spoilers if you haven't read this. 


Title: The Walking Dead Volume 4: The Heart's Desire
Author: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn
Rating: 2.5/5
Synopsis: Life in the prison starts to get interesting for Rick Grimes and the rest of our survivors. Relationships heat up, fizzle out, and change entirely almost overnight. By the end of this volume, relationships between key characters are radically changed, setting the stage for future events in The Walking Dead.
Picture: I got way too excited when he said it. I don't know I just can't help it.


My Thoughts: I didn't really like this volume. There were so many things wrong with it and it was just too much! Where do I even start?
Let me just say the females in this one at least were written poorly before they weren't written that well either but this was just awful. Especially Michonne and Patricia. I don't think there was much of her in the last couple volumes. I know she was with Otis who by the was is racist as hell. I don't like him. It was like she was just written to seem like a naive and stupid girl because she trusted and tried to help a murderer. Like girl did you actually think he wasn't going to try and  kill you? Ugh I couldn't with her! And Michonne!!! Oh my goodness! I feel like she was just added to the story to cause problems and I hated it because she is such a great character in the show! I mean she broke up Carol and Tyreese and I feel like that was really it for her in this volume! No! That is not who Michonne is. And Carol... Hell NO! She sees Tyreese and Michonne together and yeah she has the right to be sad and angry, I mean who wouldn't be??? My first problem with her though is that she was more distraught about the fact that he and Michonne were together than when she thought he was dead. That was the first moment I was like oh hell no... Then she slits her wrists in front of her child!! I couldn't deal with her! I'm not sure how long Carol and Tyreese were together but that doesn't matter!!! I just don't get it! I obviously don't like Lori, she is her usual self and Andrea I'll get to in a second.

The men (Tyreese and Rick) turning against each other pissed me off. I mean they're both murderers. Rick murdered to protect the group and honestly I would have killed Dexter too but Tyreese. He literally mutilated a teenage boy and he has the nerve to judge Rick?? Like he was trying to turn everyone against Rick and everyone thinks Rick is crazy but TYREESE LITERALLY MUTILATED A CHILD! Like no stop!!! None of this made sense to me how Tyreese can try to guilt him over something he did to protect them because he was right that the second everything was okay that guy was going to kill them or kick them out. I'm personally don't like Tyreese anymore because of what he did with Michonne and because of what he just said. He also totally tried to kill Rick whether it was on accident or not he did it and I hate the fact that the whole group had this vote while Rick was unconscious. So now he's not the leader which I guess is okay for him... but what bothered me the most was that they formed a committee with all men and that's what everyone wanted. I'm calling BS because for one I know Andrea wouldn't let that happen. She always has to put her two cents into everything and I honestly don't believe that she wouldn't have wanted to be on the committee. She's always trying to be a leader too and I find it so hard to believe she was okay with that arrangement.
I just didn't like this volume. Lets leave it at that. I hope it gets better in the next one because I know the Governor will be in it soon. I can't wait to see his character and Woodbury and all that jazz.
That's all for now. Okay... Bye!!

Oh! One more thing! It's a question actually... Why is Glenn drawn like an alien and not an Asian man? I think he looks really creepy and not human sometimes. I don't like it!

Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/138397.The_Walking_Dead_Vol_04

Comments

Popular Posts