Safety Behind Bars Mini-Review (The Walking Dead Volume 3)


Title: Safety Behind Bars (The Walking Dead Volume 3)
Author: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn
Rating: 4.5/5
Synopsis:  This volume follows our band of survivors as they set up a permanent camp inside a prison. Relationships change, characters die, and our team of survivors learn there's something far more deadly than zombies out there: each other.
Picture: The best thing that has ever happened in this book. I can't stand Lori and I'm glad Rick finally told her to shut up... a little rude but you know what she needed to hear it.

My Thoughts: I dug into a box filled with books just to get this out. It was all the way on the bottom but it was worth it. With the Walking Dead TV show coming back on on Sunday I was in the mood. This volume was so good! It felt good to start reading it again and reintroduce myself to some of the characters. Let me just say one thing I really wish I got to see in here... Daryl Dixon. I know hes not in any of these but I really wish he was because he's my favorite character in the show. Its just because there was a part where Rick was leaving the prison and he got on a motorcycle and all I could see was Daryl.

Anyway!!! I obviously really liked this volume. I had to get used to the characters faces because some of them looked alike and I had to get used to the fact that there was no color but that was okay. I noticed that this was kind of wordy and I honestly don't remember the other two being like that. But other than that it was good. We got to meet the four guys from the prison who by the way are ASSHOLES!!! Excuse my language but oh my goodness! I was so angry with the way this volume ended! Like it was totally not cool. On top of the fact that, like the synopsis says, characters died I was just so angry but I want more. So I'm going to read more.I really am not liking Lori and I mean I didn't even like her in the show so... but she's like 600x more annoying and I can't take it! I do wish carl was in it a little more. I know he's still a little kid and they're trying to keep the kids away from all of the horrors in the world but I liked carl especially after he killed shane. Even though I wish he was in it a little longer because now he's just the guy that tried to kill rick and the guy that slept with ricks wife. He didn't have enough of a story.

But anyway I think this is going to be the point where the action really starts. I can't wait for the Governor to come into the story and mess everything up. I liked that season of the show because we got to meet the queen of everything Michonne and also at that point I started hating Andrea more than I already did. So yeah That's is. Okay... Bye!!!
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30069.The_Walking_Dead_Vol_03

Comments

Popular Posts