The Best Defense Mini-Review (The Walking Dead Volume 5)

Spoilers!! 

Title: The Walking Dead Volume 5: The Best Defense
Author: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard and Cliff Rathburn
Rating:3/5
Synopsis: As the survivors settle into their prison home something has drawn them out into the open... out of the prison... out of their sanctuary. This is a major turning point for the overall story of The Walking Dead, setting the stage for years to come.
Picture: Hate this guy!

My Thoughts: This one was a little meh for me... It was a little slow. All the stuff from the last volume kinda forgotten. Not completely though but I feel like with everything that happened there should have been some more tension between some of the members of Rick's group. I mean Rick and Tyreese aren't exactly friends but they still seemed too... okay if that makes sense. I guess that's what happens when you finish a volume with drama you start the next one pretty chill. But this one had no chill! The moment Rick and Glenn saw that Helicopter I knew what was going to happen and I was already dreading it. So when Michonne, Rick, and Glenn finally got to meet that POS up there ^^^^ The Governor I was so angry. I mean I haven't formed any kind of emotion connection with these characters... To be honest I don't really care about these characters, but just knowing what he might do made me mad. One thing that caught me by surprise was the fact that almost right off the bat he revealed he was the bad guy which I guess is okay but I wish he would have been like a really good host getting them to trust him then BAM show his true colors.... We can't always get what we want though. I think my problem with this whole thing besides the fact that Phillip cut Rick's hand off almost immediately was the fact that Michonne was the only one who was being beaten while the other two were just left alone. I mean I get that he chose her just to be an ass and to torture Glenn but in a way he's not getting anything by doing that because if he kills her he'll never get what he wants.

I'm not even on topic anymore!! Sorry I'm tired... Anyway back at the prison everyone is worried because Rick, Michonne and Glenn were gone for a couple days and they have no way to communicate with them! I feel bad for Lori (Even though I don't like her) because she's so pregnant and Rick isn't there. And Carol... Oml that woman is insane!! I don't think I can deal with her anymore... I kinda want to know if she dies because I can't! I mean it's way different from the show! Sofia is alive so Carol will die right??? I hope so.

Anyway!! I'm too tired to continue this so that's all for now. Okay... Bye!!
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1907539969

Comments

Popular Posts