Gotham Season 1 & 2 Review

I know... wdf! I haven't been active lately but that is because Gotham has consumed my life! That isn't even an exaggeration its kinda ridiculous. But anyway... If you haven't seen this show WATCH IT! SERIOUSLY! It's basically a prequel or like a huge origin story for a lot of characters in the DC Comic book world (The Batman World)... Mostly Bruce Wayne and Jim Gordon... obviously... so we get some idea of how these villains or heroes came to be. If you've read the comics you probably already know... I don't know I've never read them. Oh by the way just a warning but THERE MAY BE SPOILERS SO PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Lets get to this review... I honestly don't even know where to start all I know is that there will be many gifs and pictures. (No Shame)



Lets start with the characters I guess... I feel like there  were way too many to keep up with so I'm only going to talk about my favorite characters.

Its kinda hard to choose a favorite to be honest because a lot of the characters are great but I'm going to have to go with Detective Jim Gordon (Later in the future known as Commissioner Gordon) 



This guy has some anger ISSUES but I love it! I don't really know why but it's just... HOT I guess. On top of that he is a total badass and an awesome detective! Also his relationship with Bruce Wayne really pulls at my heart strings... don't ask me why but I want him to adopt Bruce so bad. He is also funny. Not on purpose but he's just sarcastic and I find that Hilarious. I LOVE HIM!!!! Also anyone in authority who doesn't give him what he wants gets a big F you from him! Perfect!

Edward Nygma ( Later known as the Riddler?) This guy is insane and I love him for it! At first he was just a nerdy little guy who had a crush on Kristen Kringle then it was like BOOM!!! Crazy man... like he literally went from this:


SO ADORABLE RIGHT???? TO THIS:



Sometimes I don't like him but he's still an awesome character and I was always rooting for him in the beginning.

Oswald Cobblepot (AKA Penguin)



This guy literally started from the bottom. Thats why he's almost at the top of this list. He went from being Fish Mooney's lap dog to begin the King of Gotham. He's crazy and manipulative and just... Ugh an Idiot to be honest but, when he has his eyes set on something he does everything in his power to get it done. He's a little strange but you know what that's what makes his character awesome.

Bruce Wayne himself (Later known as Batman)



I don't even have much to say about him except that he is my smol child that must be protected at all costs. He makes me so mad sometimes but I get why he does what he does even though it's pure 200% stupidity. Also... I ship him and Selina SO MUCH!

Jerome Valeska I don't know if he even becomes anything after he died but I have high hopes. Myself and a lot of other people believe that he is supposed to be the Joker. I mean he fits the part so perfectly but the only thing is he died. So I don't know  if somehow Hugo Strange brought him back or what because he hasn't made an appearance since. Also Joker did't become crazy until the stuff with the acid so... IDK but his character was... ASDFGHJKL;' *DIES* I looooooovvvvveeeeeedddd him. He was so crazy that I don't even know how to describe it!




Insane....

Last but not least Alfred Pennyworth also known as the Butler 



Alfred is one badass Butler. He's like the dad you've always wanted. He's sarcastic as hell and he can fight his butt off. He was in the Royal Marines so of course! But for some reason he is always getting stabbed like... wear protection Alfred! Didn't you learn the first hundred times?!


The Review :


I watched both seasons in 2 days so I can't talk about each season separately but I know that I am grateful to Netflix for having it. At first I was kinda forcing myself to watch it because I had watched the first episode about 5 times and I could never find it in me to continue... Well I did and it's AMAZING!!! I like superhero stuff but I'm more into Marvel... Mainly because the last time a good DC movie came out was when the Dark Night Trilogy was in theaters (in my opinion) plus Fox shows like disappointing me too... (Cough Glee and Empire... still like those shows but it gets old).

The only reason I got passed the first episode was because my brother and I spent a week beating all of the Batman games we had ( Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Origins) so I was interested because those games are really good. I had high expectations because you know Tumblr... and I think it really lived up to all the hype it got.... I don't even know what to say... I did just finish it like 20 minutes ago and my mind is a jumbled mess but I want to write this while I still have all the feelings... Let my just get to the Spoilery section...


Spoilers!!! 


I don't even know where to start so lets start from the end this isn't in order... just what pops in my head.

  • Fish Mooney is alive. I had a feeling she was but I didn't think she actually died because all that Penguin did was throw her off a roof into freezing water (in my head she would have survived). But secretly I was glad she was gone because then Oswald could take over he wasn't the best King of Gotham but you know what he did a pretty good job. Anyway when I found out that Hugo Strange had her body and was doing experiments I was mad. On top of that she has powers. There is this toxin on her skin so when she touches someone she can make them do what she wants. *sigh*
  • Jim being put in Blackgate... I HATED Captain Barnes for not trusting Jim when he said that he was set up... It took Jim breaking out and showing them that Nygma was a killer to prove his innocence... -.- thats dumb af! 
  • Nygma framing Jim... I like Ed... but I LOVE Jim so when he was messing with my baby I was so angry! But... I have to admit either Nygma was really damn smart or Jim was too stupid to notice the signs... 
  • Nigh killing Miss Kringle, her old boyfriend, and the guy in the woods... Now Nygma has like this alter ego or something that is super cocky and crazy (now they're one and the same) but what's messed up is that he basically started to become the Riddler after her death which was kinda an accident kinda not. His alter ego hid the girls body and left riddles for Nygma so he could find her before the police. One thing that bothered me is that no one noticed how different Ed had become after he killed her and while he was trying to frame Jim. 
  • Lee saying she was pregnant when Jim was going to kill someone (I don't remember... I think it was Galavan). I thought she was just saying that to get him to stay but I guess it was true. I was so mad at first because I was just like she's lying!!! Haven't you watched TV?!?! What made me sad is that Lee left and she also lost the baby while Jim was in prison so he didn't know... He would've made a good dad I think. 
  • I think this should be the last one... I don't want this to be too long. Bruce has a Doppelgänger... Oh my goodness... When I saw him come out of the bus at the very end of the season 2 Finale I was like Why is Bruce there?!?! What did he do to his hair?!!? I want to know everything! and I was a little disappointed to find out that was all that was on Netflix. But you know what I obviously have nothing better to do with my time so I might as well catch up on season 3 so I can start watching it like a regular person... One episode a week *cries hysterically* 

I know I should finish Empire of Storms but I can't find it in me to do that... I don't want to wait a year for the next book.... I'm already having a hard time as it is reading anything else because EoS is always on my mind. *Sigh*

Anyway!!! I totally think Everyone reading this should check out this show because I think it is something a lot of people would like. I obviously didn't spoil everything because then there would be no point in watching it. 






Comments

Popular Posts