Queen of Shadows Review

Its finally here after Seventy-Twelve years of me not being able to finish the book I own it and I've finished it yeeeeessss!!!!


Title: Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass book #4)
Author: The Queen herself Sarah J. Maas
Rating: 4/5
Synopsis: The queen has returned. Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past… She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight. She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.
Quote: “You make me want to live, Rowan. Not survive; not exist. Live.”
My Thoughts: This book was a little disappointing I expected so much more especially with everything that was unfolding throughout the story and the series itself. If you've read the story you know how sometimes the ending of the book is just so intense you have to pick up the next one right away. With this book I didn't get that. I'm not saying I didn't like it because Oh my Chuck I did but I just expected a little more from it. 
Likes:
  • Rowan and Aelin!!! Yess they are so cute together I swear. Now I'm still a Chaolaena shipper but I will admit that I think I'm staring to ship Roaelin. 
  • How much book there was. So many pages and all the time to hate the King and Matron and Maeve.
  • Aelin embracing that she is no longer Celaena Sardothian she is the damn Queen of Terrasen. 
  • The stress that filled my body when i thought of Dorian or Chaol. 
  • The lingering hatred I felt for Aelin when she was with Rowan (abandoning her responsibilities to play with the fae prince.... Heir of Fire). 
  • Starting to like Kaltain (She is a bad B****). She really redeemed herself. I hated her in the other books because she was all over Dorian. 
  • Dorian's power
  • King of Adarland Dorian Havillard

Dislikes:
  • The book was so slow at first and a little bit boring. 
  • The whole book was unsatisfying for me 
  • I feel the book wasn't written to its full potential.
  • It didn't live up to the hype for me. 
  • Wyrdhounds. Those things are disgusting I would assume. 
  • Every time the book would talk about the witches. I honestly didn't care about them. 


I don't know why but this is how I imagined Manon throughout the entire book you know but with iron nails and teeth. I have a dumb imagination. 





Comments

Popular Posts