Spoiler Filled Orange is the New Black Rant



I just want to rant about this whole season aka season 4. This first 11 episodes were the building blocks to the last 2 episodes and they were painful and eye opening.


I just want to start off with the racism in the prison. It was such a huge thing this season especially after new prisoners started arriving and the Latino population started to grow. The way I saw that and I usually don't analyze anything just enjoy is that the prison represented America and how we are today and even though I know its still happening, seeing it in the show just made me think. Like wow it can really be that bad and a lot of people just turn a blind eye. I guess I just didn't know but seeing that opened my eyes.

The conflict between the White people, the African Americans, and the Hispanics just got so intense at some point you know. The things they said to each other and the way they acted against each other made me so sick because I see a lot of things like that on the internet and it has always made me so mad seeing things like that. I just really like that they brought that to light this season.

Another thing I want to talk about is the law enforcement in the show. Those CO's were sick bastards! Except for the lady she was cool. But I mean they mistreated the prisoners like Poussey and Susan. If you finished the season you know what happened to Susan as a result of one of the CO's forcing her to fight someone she didn't want to fight. She almost killed the girl and that scared her to death! Did the guy get in trouble? NO! She ended up being an empty shell for a while and when the rest of the prison decided to join together despite their differences and peacefully protest against the correctional officer what did they do? They decided to take a violent approach even though not one of those prisoners did anything but stand on the tables. Just the sight of the correctional officer that forced Susan to fight triggered her. And you know what that resulted in? An innocent woman being killed.

Now Poussey's death was like a slap in the face to me. How she went what was done to her even after her death. If that entire episode wasn't a message for America to open their damn eyes I don't know what is. I believe the last thing she said was that she couldn't breath. She DIED at the hands of a correctional officer. Not only that they tried to make her seem like a dangerous person to benefit themselves. Now I hated this! It brought me to tears because her death, the way she died, the way they left her body on the cafeteria floor til the next day, the way MCC tried to change the situation and make her look like a bad person and the way that the CO was let off the hook... These things happened in the real world! It made me sick and it makes me cry for the people that had to endure this while bad people get away with what they do.

On top of all that. On top of the fact that they didn't call the police until they got their story straight, or they didn't even call her father, or the fact that THEY DIDN'T EVEN SAY HER NAME. LIKE SHE WAS NOTHING LIKE SHE DIDN'T EXIST sent me into an outrage as well as her friends. The whole prison! Now sure I know the Hispanics and the Whites only joined because it was a riot and why not but at then end they were together as one against the "man". And I believe that we can do it too.

I'm crying now just thinking about this. Poussey's death was like the last straw in the prison because it wasn't only a black girl dying, it was more than that and I might not know what that is but its going to change a lot in the show.

Another thing I want to talk about is D , her mother getting out of jail, Sofia and Nicky's return, and the fact that a CO brought a gun to a prison. I think I'm going to start with D and the CO since they are connected. HOW IDIOTIC CAN SOMEONE BE TO BRING A GUN INTO A PRISON?!?! I mean first of all.... Its a damn prison doesn't matter if its a minimum security prison or a Max facility  you are in a prison... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU BRING A WEAPON? ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO PRISONERS?! So during the riot the idiot decides now is a good time to take out my gun when I'm surrounded by who knows how many prisoners. GENIUS! Did he expect to scare them into surrender? But aside from that he ends up losing the gun. Once again GENIUS! And D picks it up. Now this particularly made me mad because first... She promised her mother she would be good and get out so that she can be with her baby. Yes! she has a child. If she ever got caught with the gun in her hand and that went on her record does she think she would be able to get her child out of foster care if her mother can't? I would never give her that baby!

Now onto her mother. I feel so bad for her. She was in prison for such a long time and it seemed so hard for her to adjust to the fact that shes on her own and she has to struggle and fight to survive. I feel like she realized that the day she got out of prison and sat on that couch with the baby.

Now Nicky pissed me off. She was clean and the first moment she steps into Litchfield shes doing heroin like come on! I don't even want to talk about her. I don't like her anymore. I'm going to talk about Sofia. I was so mad when she was sent to the shoe and then they had the nerve to lie to her wife about it. I can't wait for her to sue the company because frankly they deserve it!

You know what this is getting a little too long so I'm going to cut this short. I'm just filled with so many emotions and I just have to let it go because its just a show. Although there is so much more to talk about I shouldn't. I should just chill the heck out. Yea I'll do that. Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts