Review: The Lightning Thief

Wow!!! After Reading ACOMAF I could not find  anything I wanted to read. Who knew such an epic book could destroy me this much? I want to re-read it and I don't really do that. 





Title: The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Rating: 3/5
Synopsis: Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse—Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends—one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena—Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.
Quote: “If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.”
My Thoughts: This book was good if not a little predictable. Mainly because I watched the movie before reading the book. I liked that the book wasn't exactly the same as the movie and there were things that were left out from the movie that really would be added to the story which I liked and kind of wish were in the movie. I wish I would've read the book first.
Likes:
  • I loved how funny it was. There was a part where a guy was like I'm crusty and all Percy wanted to say was yes you are. 
  • I liked how naive they were. It was just so funny every time they entered this mysterious store in the middle of the night and they encountered some kind of creature.
  • The mythology was great. I've always been so interested in Greek mythology so I found that aspect of the book fascinating. 
  • It was a really easy and quick read. It was good to read something light especially after ACOMAF. I still can't get over that book. 
  • It kept me interested even though I watched the movie first. There was a lot (way too much) that was left out of the movie and I think that those small details made a huge difference to the story.
  • That Cliffhanger at the end. 
  • The Monsters.

Dislikes:
  • The ending felt a little rushed after everything went down.
  • Zeus. He was a major ungrateful butt hole. 
  • The children of Aries were also butt holes. Especially Clarisse. 
  • Aries.
  • I swear all the Gods were butt holes. 
  • The story was a little too childish for me. 

Links: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00280LYIC/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28187.The_Lightning_Thief
http://rickriordan.com/book/the-lightning-thief/


I still can't figure out what I want to read and its killing me because I want to read but I don't know what! Its driving me insane... So if anyone could recommend anything that would be so great.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts