Catching Fire Review


Title: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Rating: Overall: 5/5

  • Book: 5/5
  • Movie: 5/5
Synopsis: Sparks are igniting. Flames are spreading. And the Capitol wants revenge.
Against all odds, Katniss has won the Hunger Games. She and fellow District 12 tribute Peeta Mellark are miraculously still alive. Katniss should be relieved, happy even. After all, she has returned to her family and her longtime friend, Gale. Yet nothing is the way Katniss wishes it to be. Gale holds her at an icy distance. Peeta has turned his back on her completely. And there are whispers of a rebellion against the Capitol - a rebellion that Katniss and Peeta may have helped create. Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her even more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying.
Quote: “My nightmares are usually about losing you. I'm okay once I realize you're here.”
My Thoughts: OH MY GOSHHH!!! I LUCKILY FORGOT EVERYTHING ABOUT THE MOVIE SO THIS WAS SO UNEXPECTED!! I HAVE NEVER SHIPPED KATNISS AND PEETA MORE THAN I DO NOW! I absolutely hated Gale in the books but I liked him a little better in the movies. Maybe because he looks so much like his brother but like a less good-looking version of him (he's still cute though). My heart leaped out of my chest so many times it's a surprise I'm still alive. Every character destroyed my life from the moment the theme of the Quarter Quell was announced and I cannot deal with my feelings right now.
Likes:
  • Everlark for days!!!!
  • Finnick Odair *Heart eyes*. The book and movie versions of him! He's a beautiful specimen. 
  • Haymich! I swear I need someone like him in my life. Ya know without all of the alcohol. He's so funny!
  • Peeta and Katniss trying to keep each other alive!! That really killed mt soul because even though she doesn't acknowledge it Katniss likes Peeta more than she cares to admit. 
  • The wedding! I was so excited for it! 
  • Peeta saying Katniss was pregnant!
  • Haymitch giving Finnick the bangle so that Katniss would trust him. 
  • Joanna was such a beyonce and it was hilarious!
  • The outfits Katniss and Peeta wore for the chariot thing.

  • All of the Everlark kisses!
  • People using the Mockingjay as a symbol for the rebellion.
  • President Voldemort being in Katniss's house to threaten her. 

Dislikes:
  • President Voldemort
Looks the same to me... 
  • Gale
  • That new gamemaker guy Plutrich (something like that). 
  • They didn't show Peeta and Katniss watching Haymitch during the last Quell. 
  • They didn't save Peeta first like Katniss asked. 
  • Not knowing where the hell Peeta is.
  • Joanna taking off her clothes in the elevator. Like no girl Peeta belongs to Katniss back off

Links:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6148028-catching-fire

So I can't wait to read the next book and the good part is I still haven't seen the last two movies so I will be spoiler free!!! YAY!!

Comments

Popular Posts