Red Queen Review

There are spoilers... But I didn't spoil everything. 


Title: Red Queen

Author: Victoria Aveyard

Rating: 4/5

Synopsis: This is a world divided by blood – red or silver. The Reds are commoners, ruled by a Silver elite in possession of god-like superpowers. And to Mare Barrow, a seventeen-year-old Red girl from the poverty-stricken Stilts, it seems like nothing will ever change. That is, until she finds herself working in the Silver Palace. Here, surrounded by the people she hates the most, Mare discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy the balance of power. Fearful of Mare’s potential, the Silvers hide her in plain view, declaring her a long-lost Silver princess, now engaged to a Silver prince. Despite knowing that one misstep would mean her death, Mare works silently to help the Red Guard, a militant resistance group, and bring down the Silver regime. But this is a world of betrayal and lies, and Mare has entered a dangerous dance – Reds against Silvers, prince against prince, and Mare against her own heart.

Quote: “The truth is what I make it. I could set this world on fire and call it rain.”

My Thoughts: I liked this book. It was interesting but it was a little generic. I felt like I've read it before... I kind of knew what was going to happen before it did. But that's not going to stop me from reading the other books in the series because I still want to know if it will surprise me. On another note... I didn't know I can ship one person with three other people but now I see that she would be better off alone... Even though I somewhat like Cal he's a butt hole and Kilorn... He just annoys me sometimes. I thought it was kinda dumb the way things played out. Like people really expecting Cal to choose Mare over everything he spent his life working for. Like I don't think he was in love with her... she was only at the castle for a month and if he did love her he certainly doesn't anymore... and Maven too it seemed like he was developing feelings for her. I saw that especially in the scene after his father died when they were in the dungeon... I don't know I have so theories.... Like the Queen is mind controlling Maven... I know... but I'm bitter... I really shipped Maven and Mare so HARD!!!!
Likes:

  • Maven saying Mare would've been his Red Queen.... AAAHHH!!!
  • Cal.
  • Kilorn.
  • I like the fake Maven... I adored him.
  • Cal and Mare's first kiss....
  • Maven and Mare's first kiss...
  • Lucas
  • Julian
  • Shade being alive...
  • Her brothers coming back

Dislikes:

  • Queenstrial....
  • Evangeline
  • Maven
  • Queen Elara... I hate her... 
  • The King even though he didn't do anything.
  • Gisa's hand getting smashed
  • Farley is so annoying. I hate her too...
  • Evangeline with Cal.... No...
  • Cal always wanting please his father. 
  • The way everything played out. 

Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22328546-red-queen

I think Queen Elara is mind controlling her son. It's the only way I will believe that his is capable of the evil things he's going to do. I think he really does have feelings for Mare and his mother doesn't like it so she is controlling him to break her heart.... Right???? 
Anyway... I'm going to try to buy the next book... but I should try to complete this months TBR... I don't know...

Comments

Popular Posts