Unpopular Opinions Book Tag




I was on BookTube like I always am and I saw some people doing this tag and I wanted to do it. So here it is.
If you'd like to watch the original video click here .



1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.

I absolutely did not like Paper Towns by John Green. I could not finish this book. It was just not for me. Quentin was annoying and I hated Margo. I just couldn't.

2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.

I have two actually. The Maze Runner Series by James Dashner and The House of Night Series by P.C. and Kristen Cast. I still don't understand why everyone hates The maze Runner Series because I thought it was pretty good and no one can give a real reason as to why they hate it. For the House of Night series I get that its a long series but again people say they hate it and I don't get why.

3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like.

Stefan, Damon, and Elena. I can't even. She technically was with both so the OTP that I did not like was Stelena. They were so boring and I'm okay with a regular relationship of whatever but they were not normal. That's why I was so happy that she got with Damon. Stefan was a bad boyfriend too (not saying Damon was perfect! He wasn't). So bottom line is I don't like Stefan and Elena together. Another OTP I don't like is Tyler and Caroline. I'm Klaroline for life!!! 

4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.

I don't really reach for romance novels. Just not my thing but sometimes I do like to read a good romance. 

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.

The only one I can think of is Dorian Havilliard from the Throne of Glass series. There is something about him that I can't pin piont but I really don't like him. Now I'm going to choose a TV show character that I know a lot of people like but I hate. And he is Captain Jake Ballard from Scandal. I am in love with President Fitzgerald Thomas Grant III and Jake is just in the way!

6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

I'm going to have to say John Green again. I tried reading the Fault in our Stars too and I just could not finish the book. Maybe it is his writing style but I can't get into it. 

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

The Chosen One. I feel like every Fantasy novel or Dystopian novel has this trope and it is so annoying and unrealistic! 

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate. I heard a lot of bad things about this series so I'm not going to bother picking it up. 

9. The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?

The Vampire Diaries. I read the first two books and they weren't that great. At that time I was already watching the show but those books just weren't it for me. The show is <3

Comments

Popular Posts