The TV Show that took over everyone's lives... I don't understand why.

This contains spoilers. I'm not bashing the show... I did like it a little. I just don't understand why people are so insane over it.



Stranger Things...Yes this is about Stranger Things... If you haven't heard about this show, it is an 8 episode series on Netflix.The show is mostly about this boy Will Byre who disappears one night when returning home from a day of playing Dungeons and Dragons with his friends Mike, Dustin, and Lucas. No one knows what happened because he basically disappeared without a trace. The whole town is looking for this boy but they don't know that his disappearance is more complicated and darker than they think. Will's friends meet a girl named Eleven who says she knows what happened to Will and she helps them on the journey to find their friend. Blah Blah Blah.... Aliens



This show is all hype. I'm not saying it's bad because it's not... BUT with all the hype surrounding it I had some expectations and the show definitely FLOPPED. This was not amazing like everyone says it is and I just don't get it. I like alien shows somewhat I like thrillers, I like mysteries and honestly I feel like the only thing the show really had going for it were the characters.

Yeah the story was interesting but I don't think it lives up to the 5 stars it has on Netflix... Hush deserved it but not this. The story was a bland generic Sci-fi. I just wish there was something more that really made the show pack a punch but it wasn't there. The show was BORING. The only time the show really had me on the edge of my seat were the last two episodes. THE LAST 2 EPISODES... Now if that isn't disappointing I don't know what is. I know the show had to build up to what happened in the end but I just feel like a series with 8 episodes should not take 7 episodes to rush the ending like it did in episode 8 and then leave us with a stupid cliff hanger that doesn't really make sense.

I'm pretty sure I know what happened but it was a mess. I kinda sat there like... Did the alien drop its babies in him? Is he actually an alien? Which I guess is kinda the point but there was really no ending. That's why I relied on the characters to get me through this.


Chief Jim Hopper: Probably one of my favorite characters in this show. He's so flawed which makes him a perfect character... Almost realistic. This man has gone through so much! His daughter got cancer and died. Right after that his wife divorced him so he moved, became chief of police in Hawkins, Indiana and started relying on drugs and alcohol. He was bored with his life and filled with grief because he lost EVERYTHING. That's why I love him because despite all the crap that happened to him, he still kicked ass in the season. He was AWESOME! Being captured and drugged by government agent? Pssh piece of cake! Knowing that The body they found that was supposedly Will's was fake? I already knew it! Like that guy was bad ass.


Nancy: I hate her. She's a preppy little brat that is a wannabe popular kid because she's dating Steve Harrington, The most popular boy in school or whatever! She is a total B**** and an idiot. I've never disliked a character more (besides Jeoffrey Baratheon). All she cares about is boys and her appearance. Yeah she is a good student or whatever and she eventually redeemed herself when she decided to help Jonathan. Whatever I still don't like her. Also if it wasn't for her dragging Barb to that party and leaving her behind, Barb might have still been alive. But Nancy wanted to be a little thirsty butt and sleep with Steve.



Jonathan: Woo!! Getting a little Leonardo DiCaprio vibe right? I love his character. He's the creepy photographer that was taking pictures of the party that Barb and Nancy were at. He caught on camera what took Barb... AKA genius! This kid was always being picked on especially after his brother went missing. People were saying that he killed Will and other awful things. That made me like him even more! He is also a bad ass character! He's smart AF and he can fight!!! Be beat up Steve YAYAYAYAYA!!! He also protected his mother when people were calling her crazy for saying she could communicate with Will through the lights. Such a good character tho.



Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Eleven: These kids are so smart and adorable. Like what more can I say. They like The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. They play Dungeons and Dragons for hours on end... They are so funny! I love them all. That's all I can really say about them they are awesome characters and they used their knowledge of fictional monsters to help find Will and Eleven with her powers and wig.




Joyce Byers: Will's mother. The Crazy lady that talked to lights. She had that mother's intuition. She just knew Will wasn't dead and I was so happy to see her fight so hard to get her son back despite the evidence that was presented to her. Joyce and the Chief mad a great team. She was a single mother working at a hardware store trying to make ends meet. She was so awesome. I let it slide that I hate Winona Ryder so that I could like her character. She was mom. She was everyone's mom and I loved her.



Highlights of the show:

  • The Chief being a drug addict that lost his family and also awesome. 
  • The secret Government Experiments happening right inside town.
  • The Alien monster thing killing people.
  • Will's older brother Jonathan (Swoon!)
  • Nancy being an idiot all the time
  • Eleven and Mike.
  • Steve not being a complete ass at the end
  • Will throwing up the little alien worm on Christmas. 
  • Eleven dying.  (not a good thing but still)
  • The fake will body
  • Dustin. He was so sassy. 
  • Will's Mom 
Things I didn't like:
  • Nancy
  • Steve
  • Nancy's mom
  • Steve's friends
  • The government agents
  • The whole plot
I don't hate the show but at most it deserves a 3.5/5 stars maybe 4. But please explain to me why everyone is so insane about this show? Is there something I'm missing or is it just people over hyping the show because its new? Let me know what you think in the comments below. I can't be the only one with this opinion. 

Comments

Popular Posts