Mockingjay Review



Title: Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Rating: Overall Rating:
Book: 5/5
Movie:
  • Part 1: 3.5/5 
  • Part 2: 4/5
I didn't like the last two movies much I kinda wish they wouldn't have been made or at least made better. They were really boring and some scenes were just too much. The book set my expectations a little high but they weren't awful.
Synopsis: Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding. It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans--except Katniss. The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay--no matter what the personal cost.
Quote: “Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!”
My Thoughts: I have finally calmed down enough to write this. I don't know what to say about this other than I LOVED it so much. I'm still trying to figure out why a lot of people didn't like this book because I really thought it was great (I'll probably look it up later). I feel like I need more but I'm also very satisfied with the ending. 
Likes:

  • Everlark!!! At last and with babies!!! AAHHH!!!
  • Peeta is not dead. I would have died if he died. 
  • Katniss killing President Coin! I was too happy when that happened
  • Finnick and Annie's Wedding. 
  • Katniss telling Peeta she loves him at the end of chapter 27.
  • Katniss realizing that Snow wasn't lying about Coin,
  • Peeta desperately trying to stay in control to help Katniss
  • Snow thinking that he won lol. Nice try Voldemort!
  • Gale and Katniss not bring end game even though I already knew that. 
  • How stressed I was while reading.
  • When Peeta choked Katniss. She was getting on my nerves and it got worse throughout the book. 
  • Peeta letting Katniss stroke his hair and falling asleep. *crying*
  • Real or Not real?
  • Crazy Finnick was so cute.
  • Katniss and Peeta always protecting each other.
  • Gales jealousy!
  • Tigres 
  • Katniss going back to District 12 at the end
  • Joanna being a drug addict.
  • Those scary mutts that were whispering "Katniss" in the tunnels. 
  • Finnick and Annie's baby. Even though it isn't mentioned much. 
  • Gale getting shot.
  • Katniss trying to act.
  • Katniss being thrown into a wall in the movie. 
  • Katniss kissing Peeta to get him back in control.
  • "Always"
Dislikes:

  • Finnick Freaking Dying!!
  • Prim freaking dying!!!!
  • President Voldemort
  • Almost everyone dying!
  • Peeta always trying to get the group to leave him behind to die.
  • Worrying about Peeta so much!
  • President coin.
  • The way Finnick died in the movie!! Because I mean is bad enough that he dies but the way that he dies in the movie really hurts. 
  • Katniss' mom 
  • Katniss
  • Plutarch Heavensbee
  • Katniss feeling sorry for herself all the time. Shes so annoying.
  • The ending... I liked it because... EVERLARK!!! but come on.... I need more. 
Links:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7260188-

I still can't believe I finished Catching Fire just Yesterday.. This review is the next day but I finished this book in the 12th. Peeta will forever destroy my heart and I welcome it. 

Comments

Popular Posts