The House of Night Series Review


Title: House of Night Series
Author/s: P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Series Rating: ✯✯✯✯✯
Quote: “Last time I saw you, I said that it hurt too much to love you. But I was wrong about that. The truth is it hurts too much not to love you.”
Synopsis: House of Night is a thrillingly engaging book series that follows 16-year-old Zoey Redbird, who gets “Marked” by a vampyre tracker and begins to undergo the “Change” into an actual vampyre. She has to leave her family in Tulsa and move into the House of Night, a boarding school for other fledglings like her. It’s within the school’s walls that the heart of the action takes place as Zoey meets new friends, finds love, comes to terms with how her life will be different now and begins to realize her awesome new powers.
Thoughts: I really enjoyed the series from the first book. It was interesting and funny and something about it pulled me in (I think it was the vampires). I hated Zoey Redbird (the main character) because she dated everything that walked and caused problems for herself and Aphrodite because she was the mean girl of the story. That was only the beginning. The more the story progressed the more attached I became to some characters and I began to warm up to others. New characters came into the story that I absolutely loved to hate and there was a lot of drama. I loved this series as a whole and I should have listened to my mom years ago when she told me to read it. There were books that I had the hardest time completing because the tears blurred my vision. But I’m glad I got to finish this series. I just wish there were more books because they were so good. And I got to experience Zoey’s journey from becoming an immature young teenager to a smart leader and I loved every second of it. I do recommend marathoning it. I was only able to do it for the first seven because the other books weren’t out but now they all are so DO IT!


Jay

Comments

Popular Posts