The Maze Runner Review



Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
# of Pages: 374
Rating: ★★★
Quote: “But there was something about the largest object in the solar system vanishing that tended to disrupt normal schedules.”
Synopsis: Thomas, a teenager, arrives in a glade at the center of a giant maze. Like the other kids before him, he has no memory of his life before being sent there. Thomas quickly becomes part of the group and demonstrates himself to the others ultimately gaining a spot as a runner. Together with Teresa, the only female, Thomas try’s to convince the other Gladers that he knows a way out.
Thoughts: When I was first introduced to The Maze Runner during a reading contest at school I thought it would be another book like The Hunger Games. So being the horrible reader that I am I decided to watch the movie before I read the book (Shame on me!!). To say I was wrong about the book was an understatement. Even though I didn’t get into the book with a fresh mind it still was better than I expected. Although I mostly knew what was going to happen, James Dashner surprised me. I will admit there were times I wanted to put the book down and give up because why would I want to read this book if I know what happens but it was worth finishing. From beginning to end the main character Thomas did a complete 180. He went from that annoying new guy that asked too many questions and was afraid to the guy who took charge and wasn’t afraid to do what was needed to save his friends. That’s what kept me going throughout the novel. With the twist at then end of the book I knew I couldn’t just leave it at that. I needed to have the second book and continue the journey with Thomas and the other gladers.

Comments

Popular Posts