Capatain America: To Serve and Protect Mini-Review

A lot of the marvel comics I got were out of order. I don't know how this stuff works so I just grabbed the first volumes of the ones that look interesting. Sorry.


Title:Captain America: To Serve and Protect
Author:Mark Waid
Rating: 4/5
My Thoughts: I liked this comic fairly well considering this is the first marvel comic I've ever read in my life. I was in Half Price Books for about an hour and a half trying to decide if I wanted to get a book or a comic. Hard decisions but when I finally decided this was the first one I found and I snatched it! I am so in love with Steve Rogers so as soon as I saw this I had to have it. When I started it was a little hard to get used to, mainly because I read Saga Vol.1 first and the art is really simple. But this one was just so busy! There was so much going on in each scene and it kinda distracted me from the text but when I got used to it, it was easier to read. As I was reading it I was kinda like wtf is going on. This starts in Tokyo and the city is westernizing and there is a group of people that don't like that, saying its a disgrace to their culture. Captain America at that point is said to be dead so when he goes to try to save the day no one believes its him. I'll just say it was a little weird.
Anyway! When the story started picking up and other villains started getting introduced, I thought it was pretty interesting. I want to find the next one and try to read these in order... but there are so many! I'll figure it out or just keep reading the ones I find no matter the order. Eh. Well see. But  I did like the story, despite the scenes being busy I liked the art it was super colorful. Yeah okay... Bye! 😗
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/707540.Captain_America

Comments

Popular Posts