Daredevil: Born Again Volume 1 Mini-Review


Title: Daredevil: Born Again Volume 1
Author: Frank Miller
Illustrator: David Mazzucchelli
Rating: 5/5
Synopsis: "And I -- I have shown him... that a man without hope is a man without fear."The definitive Daredevil tale! Karen Page, Matt Murdock's former lover, has traded away the Man Without Fear's secret identity for a drug fix. Now, Daredevil must find strength as the Kingpin of Crime wastes no time taking him down as low as a human can get.
My Thoughts: Okay... So right away this started on some bs! Karen is a junkie so what she did for another hit was sell Daredevils real name... Witch! I can't believe she did that especially with knowing that Daredevil has a lot of enemies! Also apparently they were lovers. Now I know in the show they have a "thing" but I didn't think they would ever be in a relationship. Anyway because Karen gave his name away so much crap happens and I was so angry at her throughout the book because I love Matt Murdock! He is my sweet blind child who doesn't deserve to be treated so badly! So throughout I was just so sad seeing Matt lose everything because Wilson Fisk knows his identity.!!! This one was a little different from the rest mainly because it's an older book (1986). The art is different the coloring is super exaggerated and bright but I think that made it a little more interesting to read, because it's different from the other ones I've read. But yeah I definitely liked it a lot and I want to read the next one because I need to know what happens to Matt and how he's going to get his life back!
Links: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/343662.Daredevil

Also let me just say... In preparation of the new Iron Fist and The Defenders Shows watch Daredevil Jessica Jones and Luke Cage!! I've only watched the first two shows but I know that they are fantastic!!! So do that... Yeah... okay bye!

Comments

Popular Posts